Friday, October 20, 2006

See Ya, Cao Boi & Christina

Today, it's gonna be a little Blog, folks.

For one thing, Luke so politely pointed out last night that I write way too damn much and he doesn't bother reading past the first paragraph. If everyone only reads one paragraph, then I should try keeping 'em short - and write fewer of them, right?

Second of all, the Sens lost night and the fans booed Jason Spezza and I don't feel like getting into all of that. All I know is that, even though I often want to choke the guy, I felt sorry for him. It's bad enough that he's had a crappy start to the year - now the fans are booing him in his own building. That can't be a good feeling for a young guy who's accustomed to being treated like a hero.

Oh, and I'm not going to re-cap Grey's Anatomy, because I'm slowly beginning to accept the fact that I'm the only one in the Blogosphere who watches it, and no matter how much I love the show, I can't force you guys to love it too. I can't say I'm never going to write about it again, but I'll give you a break this time.

So that leaves Survivor, so here's the rundown - but I really am going to try and keep it short...

Adam was hot. He made googly eyes at Candice at Tribal Council, and she mouthed the words "I love you". She really should have learned her lesson. The last time she did that, she ended up with a stalker in Heavy Metal Billy.

I think the only major fault I can find with Adam is that his head seems slightly too large for his body.

Adam had better watch himself, though, as he caused some friction at camp after calling Christina annoying at the last TC. Some of his tribemates agreed with him, but a few of them thought he was too harsh in his assessment of the cop. I think if Adam had played it smart, he would have kept his mouth shut. It's better to lay low and choose your battles wisely.

At the challenge, teams competed in an extremely physical activity that had two people ganging up and prying an opposing team member from a post stuck in the sand, and then dragging them across the beach to their line. These kinds of challenges always get a little vicious, and I'm surprised everyone emerged in one piece. Someday someone's going to get seriously hurt doing something like this. It reminded me of when Luke and I used to wrestle and then he'd twist me into a pretzel, shove my face into the carpet, sit on my back, and yank my head backwards until I pretended I was dying and he'd finally let me go. The Whatchamacallits won again. But it didn't matter, because both teams were headed to TC. All they got was some chunks of bread and lamb shanks. Ewwwwww....

So at Tribal, the Whatchamacallits voted out Cao Boi (no surprise there), and then they sat down to their grody feast while the Hot Young Studs voted out Christina (again, no surprise). The big "twist" was that Nate got "kidnapped" and joined the Whatchamacallits, saving him from the vote. Which means the Hot Young Studs are dwindling quickly, leaving only Brad and Adam. And I'm starting to think Brad might be gay.

And that's a wrap! I hope it's a little bit shorter. I tried hard. Everyone have a good weekend, and for those of you coming out for Steve Agnew & Branded's last night at Gavan's - see you there!