Wednesday, April 11, 2007

BE RED

OK, I've been lazy when it comes to the Blog lately. I mean, I haven't even got you guys your updates on Survivor or Amazing Race yet.

But today's Blog will not be lazy, and it cannot be about anything except for the Ottawa Senators and their quest for Lord Stanley's Cup!!

That's right, kids. IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!

IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!

It's that time of year when I get butterflies in my stomach from the moment I wake up in the morning til the moment the final buzzer sounds. It's when I get my car flags out (2 new flashy red Sens Army flags this year, courtesy of Hollie!) It's when the trash-talking begins, when the passion increases ten-fold, when the Leafs disappear (so long, BLUEY!), when dreams come alive, when, for a few weeks at least, glory seems within grasp.

Alright, so in the past, the Sens haven't tasted much of that glory. Our best playoff was when we went to the Conference Finals once, and lost to New Jersey in Game 7. Other than that, we've had many first- and second-round disappointments.

And this year, it's not going to get any easier against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

But this year, I've decided to ignore the nay-sayers, and the gloom & doom, and completely plunge myself into Sens FANDEMONIUM. I'm pumped, I'm wound, I'm EXCITED. As you can probably tell from my CAPS use today. Yes, folks, I'M READY!!!!!

This year's motto is "BE RED"...And I can't wait to BE RED tonight. And I REALLY can't wait to BE RED on SATURDAY, when I WILL BE AT THE GAME!! YAY!!!!!

OK, SO NOW I'M JUST SHOUTING, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT, I'M SO WOUND UP!!!!

GO SENS GO!!