Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's PLAYOFFS, Baby!

Here's a report from the Quyon Ball Park last night:

MVT was taking on Team Pepsi in the first game of the playoffs in the Team #2 vs. Team #3 match-up, and I quickly realized that playoffs means business. I mean, Ricky even gave us a pep talk before the game. Everyone seemed a little more tense than usual, and I for one was nervous as hell. Woermke tried to loosen me up, but all he did was practically pull my leg out of the socket and I tried to beat him up, but he was too quick for me. Now I have a twinge in my ass everytime I take a step. Lovely.

He was right, though - it did seem to help me get on base last night. I went 3-for-4 again, and my only big problem now is that I get all flustered once I'm actually on base and I kinda forget when I'm supposed to run or something. I had Graham breathing down my neck once, and I panicked, and I completely screwed up a chance to have runners on 2nd and 3rd. It's like I turn retarded once I actually get on the bag. I was most upset with myself, though, out in the field in the top of the 7th. We had a 4-run lead going in, and the Pepsi kids were pouring on the pressure, and a ball was hit almost right to me. It's the kind of play I'd been hoping for - a ball hit right to me, I make the catch, and my team would finally have something to be proud of me for. But of course I came up short, the ball hit the ground and bounced by me, and I felt like a complete tool.

Team Pepsi took a 2-run lead going into the bottom of the open inning, and I was pretty much blaming myself for not catching that ball and not getting that key out. Thankfully, our bats came up big, with Ricky getting a solo homerun, and then Luc hit another homer with one (or two?) men on base to win the game. It felt really good to beat them...and I really hope we can take the series!

Oh - Matt Rapley was voted off Canadian Idol Tuesday night, which really didn't surprise me. I think it will probably be Brian Melo and Jaydee Bixby in the final 2 (because Brian is awesome, and Jaydee has Canada wrapped around his little finger), and if I get my way, Brian will be the CI Champ. It doesn't really matter how it goes from here, though - all of them are amazing talents and any one of them have a legitimate shot of winning the competition.

Have a good day, everyone!