Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Welcome to My Top 5, James Marsden!!

You guys all know about my celebrity crushes. You've heard me gush and go ga-ga over many a male star. I'm a sucker for the pretty boys, for the bad boys, for the hot-as-hell boys. I'll never forget Sara's concern for my real-life relationships (or lack thereof), after we saw "Superman" and I fell in love with Brandon Routh. Sara wondered how any "normal" boys would ever match up now that I'd be comparing them to Superman.

One day last week, I decided to sit down and compile a list of my Top 5. The 5 stars I would want to be with, marry, spend the rest of my life with. If I had my choice, of course. Tricky little activity for me, considering all of the hot superstars I've drooled over over the years. Truth is, when examining my collection of movies, both VHS and DVD's, there's pretty much a hot guy that I was obsessed with in every one of them. The little-know movie "Circle of Friends"? Pretty boring, but I bought it during my Chris O'Donnell crush. "Inventing the Abbotts"? Not a bad one, but I only purchased it because of Joaquin Phoenix. The teen thriller flick "Fear"? Fairly lame when I watch it now, but I had to buy it during my Mark Wahlberg phase.

The examples go on and on, from accumulating movies starring Matthew McConaughey and Tom Cruise to scrounging around to find out what films have included Channing Tatum or Josh Hartnett in them.

I started out my Top 5 by eliminating Wade Redden. Yes, that's right. I eliminated him. But only because he's my Supreme #1...He would top any list of hot men that I decided to compile, so in order to free up that spot, I chose to make this list only for movie & TV stars. Then I sat there and wrote down every name of every guy that I've ever thought was attractive in any slight sense of the word. Survivor star Colby Donaldson, MuchMusic alum & host of "The Hour" George Strompalompoalous (no idea...), John Stamos in his "Full House"/Uncle Jesse glory days, even Scott Baio, because as Chachi from "Happy Days", he was my first love.

Before I knew it, I had a full sheet of loose leaf jammed with names of stars, some big names, some rather obscure, some old dogs, some still very young and green - and I couldn't even come close to narrowing it down to 5. Or 10. Or 20. I just loved them all too much.

But then, on Friday night, I went to see the premiere of the new romantic comedy, "27 Dresses". Instantly, one name that was on my list went from sorta hot to Top 5 quality...

Welcome aboard, James Marsden!!

In "27 Dresses", he plays Kevin Doyle, a wedding columnist, who bumps into Jane (played by Katherine Heigl of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Knocked Up" fame), one of those "always a bridesmaid, never a bride"-type girls. She's in love with her boss, George, but he ends up engaged to her sister, Tess. Meanwhile, Kevin's chasing her around, just trying to make her fall for him.

Let me tell you this - it wouldn't have taken me as long to succumb to his charms as it did Jane. Forget for one minute that the boy is completely drool-worthy, with his sexy dark hair (just a teeny bit shaggy), and his ice-blue eyes, and his tanned and perfect face, and his full, kissable lips. Just forget all that.

He's funny. He's charming. He's clever. He's amazing.

Now, I know what you're all saying - that's just his character, right? Sure, Kevin might have written his name & phone number on every Saturday of Jane's day planner before returning it to her, or sent her flowers, or danced on a bar with her to "Benny & the Jets". But James Marsden probably wouldn't have. He's an actor who played a cute guy that sucked me right in to thinking he was the perfect guy.

Well, turns out, James might be even better than his character in "27 Dresses". Because in the February issues of Glamour magazine, there's a photo that his wife, Lisa, took of him playing in their backyard with their children, Jack, age 7, and Mary, age 2. In the photo, he's sitting on the ground with a huge smile on his face, while Mary's standing in front of him with a huge make-up brush, about to doll up her dad, while Jack's behind him, putting grass in his hair.

And that, my friends, is when I fell in love with James Marsden. The hottest thing about him? He's a great dad. And isn't that what most of us girls are all looking for at the end of the day? A hot guy who's sweet and wonderful and loves kids. That's what catapaulted him into my Top 5.

And Sara might be right. Now that James Marsden is my "Mr. Perfect", the ordinary boys around here don't really stand a chance...

Oh, and for the record, I've tried to draft a quick list, just for the Blog. It may change at the drop of a hat, or the second I think of someone else, but here, in no particular order, are my Top5:

1. James Marsden (for all the reasons mentioned above)
2. Matthew McConaughey (not really liking his new long hair, but otherwise, he's sexy as hell)
3. Josh Hartnett (smoldering & mysterious...and hot)
4. Justin Chambers (my fave doc on Grey's, in real life he's married with 5 kids... *sigh*)
5. Ryan Gosling (I just watched "The Notebook" yesterday, and his Noah-ness is fresh in my mind)