Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Wait is Over, the Other Just Beginning...

In the past few weeks, I have told you about all the waiting going on this December for my family - not just for Christmas, but also for the birth of my sister's baby.

Well, one of those waits is over. And it's not December 25th yet, so you guessed it - the baby finally arrived!

On Monday, December 15th, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Danica Hazel was born, weighing 7 lbs. 2 ozs., measuring 19 3/4" long. I have an absolutely adorable little niece to snuggle & spoil! I visited Danica Monday night, when she was about 7 hours old, and she was the most precious little thing. Her big brother is also pretty fond of her too, reminding everyone when he gets a chance that she is HIS Danica and that she's "sweeeeeet"!!

I couldn't agree more :)
So now, a week away from Christmas, the added excitement of having a new little bundle around for the holidays has me even more anxious for the holidays! One more week...So soon, yet so far away! In the days leading up to Christmas, I intend on savouring every wonderful moment - the wrapping, the building Gingerbread houses, the gift exchanges, the food, and the music. And, of course, Danica.

What a wonderful time of year!!