Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol 4/14 - Who Will Rise Above in the "Songs of the Cinema" Theme?

American Idol Performance Night is again in the offing April 14 (04/14/09)! Like you, I am wondering what song choices might the A.I. Top 7 finalists are selecting under the theme "Songs of the Cinema" with the critically-acclaimed director Quentin Tarantino as their mentor.
American Idol April 14 Top 7 Performances
Honestly, tonight's theme can be quite tricky for the American Idol Top 7 finalists because their favorite movie's theme song might not just be the right choice for them. I guess Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai should be doubling their efforts this week because obviously they didn't fare well last week as they landed in the Bottom 3! I would really like to see Anoop take on some vocally challenging song that will highlight his capability -- Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" might fit him. Lil Rounds failed in her Tina Turner mimicry last week, I guess Lil might want to do a Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston - I dunno because I think she's losing her sparkle as the American Idol Season 8 advances. So there, who might do well or who might seal their fate in the American Idol Top 7 Performances April 14? It's for us to find out tonight!