Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dianna Agron Is 'Sorry' for Racy GQ Glee Photos

Dianna Agron, who posed for GQ's controversial photo shoot, is pointing out that she and costars Lea Michele and Cory Monteith are "not the first" celebrities to get scantily clad for a magazine spread.

"Other public figures and shows . . . have pushed the envelope and challenged the levels of comfort in their viewers and fans," Agron, 24, wrote on her blog.

Still, the actress, who plays Quinn on Fox's hit show, wants to apologize. "In perpetuating the type of images that evoke these kind of emotions, I am sorry," she wrote. "If you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention."

But, according to the actress, it's an offended parent's responsibility to make sure their children don't get their hands on something considered risqué.

"If your eight-year-old has a copy of our GQ cover in hand, again I am sorry," she wrote. "But I would have to ask, how on earth did it get there? . . . There are parental locks and ways to get around this. I am twenty-four years old. I have been a pretty tame and easy-going girl my whole life. Nobody is perfect, and these photos do not represent who I am."

Though the actors in the photos play as high school students on Glee, they are all adults. "As often happens in Hollywood, these 'kids' are in their twenties," GQ Editor-in-Chief Jim Nelson said in a statement to The Insider. "Cory Monteith is almost 30! I think they're old enough to do what they want."