Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kirstie Alley For The Win After Dancing With The Stars Eliminates Ralph Macchio

It was no great surprise that Tuesday night's Dancing with the Stars elimination show eliminated Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff. They trailed well behind the other couples after Monday's dancing.

And then there was the 13 point boost Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas got from winning that Cha-Cha dance off, which made it unlikely they'd get the boot.

Reading the Interwebs this morning it appears that Kirstie Alley will have to mess up real bad and get real low scores to not give Maks his first glittering disco ball trophy.

On those same Interwebs it quickly becomes apparent that Mark Ballas annoys many viewers. And while Chelsea Kane is a likable girl, she just does not have a big fan base.

Unlike Kirstie Alley.

Like me, it seems a lot of people warmed to Hines Ward after learning his history, this week, on Monday's performance show. But, it appears a lot of people think the judges seriously overscore Hines.

Kirstie is paired with the professional dancer who may be the most popular with the fans. Maks Chmerkovskiy. We've been seeing these pro dancers for so many years now that they often are as much, or more, of a celebrity as those they are paired with.

For instance, in the case of Chelsea Kane, I had never heard of her before. But I knew who Mark Ballas was. And that I did not particularly care for him. Thus a negative for Chelsea.

In the case of Hines Ward, I knew nothing about him. But, I like his partner, Kym Johnson. But not enough that it caused me to watch the Hines/Kym dances til this past Monday night.

Now, with Kirstie Alley, I've known who she is for decades. And have always liked her very much. She is paired with my favorite of the pros.

Like I said, I think Kirstie will need to mess up real bad next Monday night to not win the coveted glittery disco ball trophy.