Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pet Shop Boys & Take That Reveal Tour Set Lists, Chris Lowe Covers New Order's "Subculture"

Today both Take That and Pet Shop Boys revealed their tour set lists on their respective websites, as their first live date together was last night at Sunderland's Stadium Of Light. I don't mind slightly spoiling it for myself, because I won't remember by the time the gig I'm going to rolls around in mid-July. But I'm not reading the full description of the entire show on the That's site.

It does seem annoying that there's what looks to be a full-on Robbie Williams mini-concert tucked into the middle of the show. Guess that was in his contract?

Take That opening with "Rule The World"



Take That's Progress Live 2011 set list:

Rule The World
Greatest Day
Hold Up A Light
Patience
Shine
Sgt. Pepper's VT
Let Me Entertain You
Rock DJ
Come Undone (Take A Walk On The Wild Side)
Feel
Angels
The Flood
SOS
Underground Machine
Kidz
Pretty Things
Million Love Songs/Babe/Everything Changes/Back For Good (piano medley)
Pray
Love Love
Never Forget
No Regrets
Relight My Fire
Eight Letters

Pet Shop Boys' Progress Live 2011 set list:

Heart
Love etc.
Go West
Together
Always on my mind
Left to my own devices
Suburbia
Se a vida é
It's a sin
West End girls

Anyway, total side note: I've been meaning to post this for the past three weeks... it's Pet Shop Boys' Chris Lowe doing guest vocals on Stop Modernists' cover of New Order's "Subculture." (More info here.) Single out June 14.



Gosh, he actually sound good. Auto Tune is amazing, isn't it?