Saturday, May 7, 2011

Romantic comedy movie quotes


Romantic comedy movie quotes
Romantic comedy movie quotes. With the release this week of the witty new rom-com "Something Borrowed", we thought we'd look back at some favorite zingers from past romantic comedies. See if you can identify who said each line.

'Say Anything'
The 1989 film was one of the first from this director. One of the top quotables from the film:

"I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen."
'Jerry Maguire'
This hit 1996 film won one of its actors an Oscar and featured this much repeated and parodied line:

"You had me at hello."
'When Harry Met Sally'
This 1989 film was directed by a guy once known as "Meathead" and featured one of the great movie one-liners:

"I'll have what she's having."
'Notting Hill'
This 1999 flick featured a lovable, bumbling Brit and included this often quoted line:

"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
'The Princess Bride'
This classic 1987 fairy tale, by the director of "This Is Spinal Tap," is filled with so many quotables, it's hard to choose just one. But the most repeated is:

"As you wish."
'Bull Durham'
Love and baseball: Is there any better combo? This 1988 film was the first big feature role for one of the actors, and featured this great quote:

"I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days."
'Shakespeare in Love'
This 1998 film won seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture, was co-written by a famous playwright and features this classic line:

"Write me well."
'Funny Girl'
The only musical on the list, this 1968 romantic comedy featured a line that's been repeated again and again:

"Hello, gorgeous."
'Annie Hall'
This 1977 film, by the director of "What's Up, Tiger Lily?," is considered one of the greatest romantic comedies of all time. Do you know who said this?

"La-dee-da. La-dee-da."
'Muriel's Wedding'
This 1994 feel-good romantic comedy, by the director of another popular wedding movie, is all about embracing who you are. Take this quote, for example:

"My life is as good as an ABBA song. It's as good as 'Dancing Queen.'"
'Splash'
This 1984 rom-com fable, directed by a former child star, featured this famous line:

"All my life I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish."
'Pretty in Pink'
This 1986 film was one of many hits by its late director. Here's just one of its classic lines:

"This is an incredibly romantic moment, and you're ruining it for me!"
'As Good as It Gets'
This 1997 film was nominated for seven Academy Awards and won two. One of its great one-liners:

"When I first saw you, I thought you were handsome. Then, of course, you spoke."
'Sixteen Candles'
This 1984 film of a teenager's birthday gone wrong is a classic romantic comedy, and includes this great line:

"I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek."