Monday, May 16, 2011

Voice-Changing Iron Man Motorcycle Helmet is Awesome, Unsafe


Can I ride in your sidecar with my War Machine helmet?

You're already riding a motorcycle, so feeble concerns like safety aren't yours to have. Leave it for the moped owners. In lieu of a properly constructed helmet, why not try and cop one of Youtube user Tigerpause444's (I see what you did there, mreowr) custom creations?



The coolest one is the helmet based on the Iron Man Mark VI suit, which has a retractable visor, blue LED lights in the eye-hole spots, and voice changing capability (spoiler: it's one of those kiddie voice-chaing helmets mounted on a regular bike helmet).

Other helmets this dude's made include War Machine from Iron Man, a humongous furry Cookie Monster helmet, Hello Kitty, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee from Transformers, Master Chief from the Halo video game series, and Star Wars' Darth Vader. Tigerpause warns that they might not be entirely safe for road wear, but I'd rather be made into street pizza looking like Tony Stark than a big ol' dork.

Though he says on his profile page that the helmets aren't for sale, everybody's got a price. My offer is $20, due to the fact that I don't actually own a motorcycle and would just wear this around the house. Get at me, dog.