Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun with iTunes!

I've really enjoyed watching my iTunes grow over the past month-and-a-half...At this current moment, I have over a thousand songs downloaded and on my iPod. According to my iTunes, that's 2.7 days worth of music. Everything from rock, country, alternative, blues, rockabilly, hip-hop, rap, folk, live versions, acoustic versions, covers...You name it, chances are I might have it.

So, thanks to an idea I got from another blog (http://randomlyyoursbouffe.blogspot.com/), I'm going to play a little game. For those of you who also have iTunes, feel free to play along and post your own answers in the comments section of the blog!

Instructions:
Open your iTunes
Sort by song title
Share the first song you have for each letter

A - Absolutely Anytime - The Watchmen
B - Baba O'Reilly - The Who
C - California Love - Tupac ft. Dr. Dre
D - Dance Naked - John Mellancamp
E - Emotional Girl - Terri Clark
F - Factory Girl - The Higgins
G - Geek in the Pink - Jason Mraz
H - Half Your Age - Kid Rock
I - I'll Be - Edwin McCain
J - Jack & Diane - John Mellancamp
K - Karma Police - Radiohead
L - Ladies & Gentlemen - Saliva
M - Made of Steel - Our Lady Peace
N - Name - Goo Goo Dolls
O - Oh Boy - Buddy Holly
P - Paralyzer - Finger 11
Q - Quit Playing Games - The Backstreet Boys
R - R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. - John Mellancamp
S - Santa Monica - Everclear
T - Take a Bow - Rihanna
U - Umbrella - Boyce Avenue (cover)
V - Viva la Vida - Coldplay
W - Waitin' on a Woman - Brad Paisley
X -
Y - Yellow Brick Road - Raine Maida
Z - Zombie - The Cranberries

1 - 1 2 3 4 - Feist
2 -
3 - 38 Years Old - The Tragically Hip
4 - 4AM - Our Lady Peace
5 -
6 - 6th Avenue Heartache - The Wallflowers
7 -
8 - 8 Days a Week - The Beatles
9 -

As an addition to the game, here are some observations I made while compiling my list...

Song I Was Most Embarassed to Write Down: The Backstreet Boys' "Quit Playing Games"
My Favourite Song on the List: "38 Years Old" by the Hip
Song My Parents Would be Most Likely to Listen To: "Oh Boy" by Buddy Holly

Also...It would appear that John Mellancamp is a heavy favourite, making it on the list three times...??? Not quite sure how that happened, but I do love all three of those songs!

Well that was fun...Thanks for letting me play! :)