Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Chrismukkah to all, and to all a good weekend

So on Twitter yesterday, one of my followers said, "How much does it suck that we don't get a Christmas episode of Chuck?" And given Josh Schwartz's flair for holiday episodes on "The OC" (which gave us not only Chrismukkah, but great episodes built around Thanksgiving, New Year's and, I believe, Arbor Day) and the fact that "Chuck vs. the Santa Claus" was one of season two's highlights, I am a bit disappointed, yeah.

(I asked Schwartz if he had any springtime holidays in mind to compensate, and he said, "Yeah, Pesach." I think he was joking, but how much would an episode set at Lester's seder table rock?)

Which brings me to my question for you on a very slow day of the week before Christmas (and the last full day of Chanukah): what's your favorite December holiday-themed episode of a TV show, and why? I'm not talking about specials like "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" or even "A Charlie Brown Christmas," but an episode of an ongoing series that happens to deal with Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, New Year's, etc.