Friday, December 18, 2009

Survivor Samoa: Shannon Waters aka Shambo Asked to Leave

The Baby-Faced Assassin, Brett Clouser, won immunity again last night on Survivor. Russell felt safe enough that he did not bother using his Hidden Immunity Idol on his last chance to do so.

With Brett unable to be voted out it became Shambo's turn to go.

During the course of the season, it seems Shambo got more face time than everyone, with the possible exception of Russell.

Shambo did make for some good TV, at times.

Supposedly Shambo lost 4 pant sizes and 70 pounds before filming began. Ms. Waters is a former Marine. I don't know if she had the bad mullet hair do while she was a Marine. I suspect not.

I was surprised to learn Shambo currently lives in Renton, Washington. Being a Washingtonian myself, Shambo does not strike me as a native. I don't know that I've ever seen a mullet hair-do in Washington. Certainly not in this century.

The Immunity Challenge, that Brett won, was so complicated I couldn't follow it. Count a bunch of stuff, write down a number, spin a combination lock. It all made no sense to me, but apparently it did to Brett.

Brett had more screen time on last night's episode than all previous episodes combined. If I had any money to bet I'd bet it on Brett to win Survivor.