Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scotty McCreery Wins 'American Idol', But What The Hell Was Up With TLC?

I haven't mentioned American Idol much around these parts this season because, quite frankly, I've been recapping it for Idolator for the past two years and am pretty American Idoled out when the day is done. But I will say that, like a lot of people, I had this year pegged as being a Scotty McCreery-James Durbin finale.

Lauren Alaina is sweet and obviously talented, and I guess that's what got her to the runner-up position. But the real question is this: is she boinking Scotty on the side? It never crossed my mind until last night's final episode, when McCreery was crowned the winner and he mumbled something about the two of them sticking together. Then she kissed him (on the cheek) a bunch of times. Hmmm.

Anyway, as for all the guest performances, that medley by TLC was kind of a train wreck, no? Why were they lip syncing? T-Boz clearly looked disappointed when it was all over. She also looked out of breath and out of shape, the poor doll. Had no idea about her health issues in the past few years. Very surprised they did the performance.

Oh, well, "No Scrubs" and "Creep" are still my jams.


TLC, "No Scrubs/Waterfalls" on American Idol



Lady Gaga, "The Edge Of Glory" on American Idol



Beyonce's new single "1 + 1" (so boring, it's destined to flop harder than "Run The World (Girls)") on American Idol



Reeve Carney feat. Bono & The Edge, "Rise Above 1" (I like this jam)