Thursday, July 24, 2008

Funky Sh*t Goin' Down in Genoa City

Last week, I was right into the Young & the Restless because the storyline was focusing quite a bit on Daniel & Amber, my new favourite couple on the show. Well, not so much a couple anymore, because Daniel found out that Amber had cheated on him while he was away on tour with his dad. Anyways - the whole week, I was glued to the show, watching the fall-out after Amber finally told her beau that she had slept with Professor Adrian Korbel while he was gone.


This week, I wasn't so interested, because that storyline had slipped into the background, and to be honest, things were getting a little dry and boring on the Y&R.

Ah, but then came last night's episode. It was one of those episodes where you finally get a sniff of interesting things to come - it seems were on the cusp of something big. Definitely some funky sh*t goin' down in Genoa City!

I don't read spoilers, so I'm not sure what exactly is going to happen. You guys have mentioned car crashes, killing off characters, some commotion at the gala - not sure what exactly is going to take place, but if last night's episode is any indication, any or all of those things could occur.

First of all - can I just tell you how much I hate the character of Chloe? She's such a little twit! Apparently she's taken the notion she's in love with Cane, and she's not about to let his girlfriend Lily stand in the way. Last night, while Cane was in the midst of actually proposing to Lily, Chloe marched right up to him and told him she was pregnant with his baby! Now, as I've said, I kind of drift in & out of what's going on with the show, so I don't even know if they ever actually even did the nasty, but something tells me Chloe's not really "with child", and if she is, it's definitely not Cane's!

Then we've got that snake Jack Abbot, whom I loathe even more with each episode. He altered the article in Restless Style to slander Victor's new wife Sabrina just so he could sell more magazines - and by doing so, threw his business partners Nick, Phyllis, Sharon and the author of the article, Adrian, under the bus. Victor's been on a rampage ever since, looking for revenge. I was shocked last night when Jack just waltzed right up to Sabrina and admitted it all to her! I hate that pompous, sneaky weasel!!

But the really, really interesting storyline - and because I've only got bits and pieces of it along the way, I'm not entirely sure what's going on - is that Nikki's husband, David Chow, is up to something big. And I'm pretty sure whatever the big turn of events is that's coming down the pipe at us, he's going to be behind it all. Last night's episode ended with him slipping something in Nikki's drink, and we've got Paul Williams & JT Hellstrom feverishly trying to prove David had something to do with Ji-Min's death. One thing is becoming clear - David is dangerous, and Nikki is in trouble.

I'm assuming things will start snapping into place and fireworks will start going off tonight. I love it when all hell breaks loose in Genoa City!!