Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sebastian Goes Out With A Bang

I was sad to see Sebastian Pigott get voted off Canadian Idol last night.

Not surprised. Just sad.


The good news? Sebastian didn't seem a bit sad. In fact, he almost looked a little relieved to be done with this show. So there were no tears or sad good-byes. He high-fived his fellow competitors, took to the mic, and rocked out to "Lucille" one last time.

It was an explosive farewell. He jumped and writhed all over the stage while everyone danced and laughed along with. He wailed on his harmonica with more joy on his face than I've seen from him since the audition rounds.

When Sebastian was done, the crowd stood and cheered wildly. Even the judges were on their feet.

Something tells me I haven't heard the last from this guy, or from his brother. In an earlier Idol episode, their mother spoke of how happy she was that they decided to take on the Idol experience, because it had brought her boys back together again. This morning, on youtube, I watched a performance someone recorded at Holy Joe's in Toronto of Oliver & Sebastian singing "Dream" by the Everly Brothers last week. It was amazing. So my hope is that they continue on together, working together, singing together.

Because they brought magic to Canadian Idol this season. If it weren't for them, I might have stopped watching a long time ago. And if nothing else good comes of this show this season, at least I have Idol to thank for introducing me to the Pigott brothers.


Can't wait to see what they do next.