Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Amazing Race Season 15 Finale Tonight

UPDATE: I was wrong. Last night was not The Amazing Race Finale.

I don't remember when it was that I quit being as entertained by The Amazing Race as I was when it first appeared on my TV.

Did the show change? Or did it just quit seeming so unique and interesting? The race still goes to some interesting places. But in the first few seasons the race managed to go to some rather exotic spots that I'd never heard of.

Anyway, I'm not at all invested in who wins. It usually comes down to a taxi race to the end, with little suspense as to who is in the lead taxi.

Of the 4 remaining teams all have gotten on my nerves at times. I can't quite pinpoint why I find Meghan & Cheyne annoying. But I do. They sort of look alike. Meghan getting mad at a Globetrotter, last week, for slowing up their descent from the pull yourself on a cable above a river challenge, and then getting mad at Cheyne for grabbing a taxi after agreeing to work with the Trotters to find their way to the Opera House in Prague was annoying, but not as annoying as Meghan screeching Cheyne over and over again while he was searching for the teeny violin.

Prague, now that brings up something else. Sam & Dan. They can be likable when they aren't bickering like a pair of brothers. But. When they got the clue to fly to Prague, one asked if they spoke Spanish there and then one, maybe it was the same brother, said Prague was a country. I'm thinking if you don't know Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic you don't deserve to be on The Amazing Race.

Then there is the only married pair remaining, Brian & the former Miss America, Ericka. Ericka is quite a piece of work. Her husband seems a bit hen-picked. I would not mind if they are the winners, but I don't think they have a chance. They make a lot of mistakes. And they have a Speed Bump to overcome tonight due to coming in last last week, after Erica took a long time to find the teeny violin in the Opera House.

That brings us to the Globetrotters, known as Flight Time & Big Easy. Real names Herbert & Nathaniel. This pair has done the least to cause me to dislike them. They are pretty funny. Do Harlem Globetrotters make a lot of money? Would the million bucks be a big deal to this pair?

I'll be watching tonight, hopefully without a delay due to a football game running long.