Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Cast of Dancing With The Stars has Florence Henderson & Bristol Palin

I was pretty much non-plussed when I saw who was going to be dancing on Dancing with the Stars, starting September 20.

The announcement was made live in 2 segments during Monday night's Bachelor Pad on ABC. I'd bailed on last night's Bachelor Pad before Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke made "The Announcement."

As it is with most DWTS casts I only know how a few of the dancers are.

Florence Henderson, aka Carol Brady, of Brady Bunch fame, I know. Florence is now 76, which will make her one of the oldest dancers to have danced on DWTS.

Florence should be entertaining. Maybe not as funny as Cloris Leachman, but close.

And then there is Bristol Palin, with her claim to being a 'star' being the unmarried daughter of Sarah Palin who produced a baby with off and on again baby daddy, Levi Johnston. Will Sarah be in the audience to cheer on her daughter? Will Levi? Will the baby be there?

I know who Jennifer Grey is, she being of Dirty Dancing fame. I know who Margaret Cho is, she being a comedian. I have heard of the singer Brandy before. But I could not pick her out of a line-up.

I have never heard of Audrina Partridge before. Apparently she is on a Reality TV Show.

Of the dancing men I know who David Hasselhoff is. I don't like him. Almost enough to make me not want to watch. I know who singer Michael Bolton is. I know Kurt Warner plays football.

I have never heard of Kyle Massey, who raps and acts. Or Rick Fox, who dribbles a basketball. Or Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino. No clue what the situation is with Mike.

I wonder who gets paired with Florence? Maks Chmerkovskiy would make an amusing partner for Florence.