Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year—And Adios, 2010

Sitting at Pittsburgh International Airport, listening to Paul McCartney & Wings' "Jet" on repeat (the irony of which I didn't get until I just typed that sentence out) and getting ready to depart after a week visiting back home.

The above photo is one I took of the Andy Warhol Museum on Tuesday while driving (don't try that at home, chyldryn). Anyway, I have no year-end wisdom for this last post of 2010, so I'll just sign off noting that sometimes randomness and unplanned vacations can be the ones that are most memorable.

Somehow I'm flying back with new copies of Franz Kafka's The Castle (??) and Bret Easton Ellis' Imperial Bedrooms (despite swearing BEE off after reading Glamorama). Saw The Nutcracker. Met up with friends from college who introduced me to a hipster dive bar called The Brillobox, and even bumped into the guy who talked me out of buying Rick Astley's Whenever You Need Somebody on CD in 1994/introduced me to Electronic's "Disappointed" there. Got drunk. I had to do my first pull-over so someone could open up the car door and puke. Downloaded Duran Duran's new album with an iTunes gift card (thanks, Mom). Watched the first two full episodes of The Ed Sullivan Show that The Beatles appeared on. Spent quality time catching up with Moogaboo. And I drove around all week while playing Robyn, Goldfrapp, Alphabeat and Daft Punk.

Anyway, 2010—it was a year. Thanks for reading throughout the past 12 months, and for reading in general. Have a safe and happy New Year, and catch you in January 2011 (in other words, well, tomorrow).

If you haven't already, check out these classy Chart Rigger lists:

* The 10 Best Pop Singles Of 2010
* The 10 Worst Singles Of 2010 

And below are some of the interviews I did over the past 12 months. Good times, one and all.

* David Guetta
* Sia
* Taio Cruz
* Goldfrapp
* Natalia Kills
* Tom Chaplin of Keane
* Kylie Minogue (part one)
* Kylie Minogue (part two)
* Kylie Minogue (part three)
* Greg Thomas
* Adam Levine of Maroon 5
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. 
* Mark Salling ("Puck" on Glee)
* Corinne Bailey Rae
* Alex Da Kid