Thursday, December 23, 2010

U.S. Chart Roundup: Michael Jackson Lands His First Top 40 Hit In Eight Years

It's a quick roundup today, because D'luv's got some last-minute holiday shopping to do down at Hooker Central. And speaking of which, by now you've probably seen Enrique's Iglesias' raunchy video for "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)"? If not, watch here (and wear protection). The song itself climbs to #13 on this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Just underneath Enrique in the video is a pile of strippers. But beneath Enrique on the chart, at #16, is Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina's "Stereo Love." At first I kind of dismissed this single as a useless trash, but I have to admit that it's hypnotized me at this point and made me love it. Well, okay—like it. When I decipher whatever the hell it is that broad is saying in the lyrics, then maybe I'll love it.

With "Hold My Hand" now up to #39, Michael Jackson lands his first Top 40 hit this week since "Butterflies" reached #14 in 2002. Over in the UK, EEEEEEEEEE-Heeeeeee!!!! fares even better, as "Hold My Hand" is currently at #10. I'm currently obsessed with "Monster" off Michael (which debuts at #3 on the Top 200 album chart) myself. It's pretty much my jam du jour.

Two notable debuts: Pink's Max Martin/Shellback-produced "Fuckin' Perfect" goes in at #86, making it the third song on the chart with the ultimate four-letter word in the title (after the naughty version of Enrique's "Tonight" and Cee Lo Green's Grammy nominated "Fuck You"). Meanwhile Mariah Carey's "Oh Santa!" finally crawls into the chart, at #100.

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Firework" - Katy Perry *3 weeks*
2. "Grenade" - Bruno Mars
3. "What's My Name" - Rihanna feat. Drake
4. "Raise Your Glass" - Pink
5. "We R Who We R" - Ke$ha 
6. "Just The Way You Are" - Bruno Mars
7. "Only Girl (In The World)" - Rihanna 
8. "The Time (The Dirty Bit)" - The Black Eyed Peas 
9. "6 Foot 7 Foot" - Lil Wayne feat. Cory Gunz *new*
10. "Just A Dream" - Nelly