Friday, December 15, 2006

Why I Can't Trust My TV

You all have likely heard about the problems I've encountered with my TV in the past few months. First, Global messed up the Rockstar:Supernova finale, then CTV showed episode #2 of Grey's Anatomy when it was supposed to be the season premiere. Because both shows were of high importance to me, I was completely frustrated with both mis-fires.

Well, last night I suffered through another TV catastrophe. As I mentioned yesterday, it was the Quyon UCW Christmas Potluck, and I was attending with my mom as her guest. Before departing for the party, I set a tape for The O.C. Chrismukkah episode at 7 PM, knowing I would be home in time to re-set the VCR to catch Survivor at 11 PM.

Upon returning home, Luke was in the midst of watching a miserable hockey game, where that hero Ray Emery that I was bragging about just a few days ago apparently couldn't stop a beach ball. (Wait - that's not being fair. I didn't see the game, and judging from what Luke said, the loss could not be blamed solely on him. Apparently the absence of Daniel Alfredsson & Wade Redden, as well as the fact that several players were playing sick, was really their downfall vs. Nashville).

In any case, I asked him if it would ruin his life terribly if I interrupted the hockey game to watch the episode I had taped of The O.C. His reply: "The O.C. wasn't on tonight." Uhhh...yeah, it was dumbass. "No, it wasn't. When I went to where The O.C. was supposed to be on, it wasn't on." So I rewound my tape a bit and found a wonderful episode of Jeopardy in progress. Rewind a little further, and there's E-Talk Daily.

So by this point, it's 10 PM, and another channel was showing The O.C., but when clicking on it, it was actually E-Talk Daily again. I was ready to scream, so I turned it to Santa Claus Is Coming to Town and that calmed me down a little.

Now, both The O.C. and Survivor were scheduled to air again at 11 PM, so I decided to stay up and see if it was actually going to be The O.C. Chrismukkah episode, or yet another exciting tandem of E-Talk and Jeopardy. If The O.C. did not air, I was planning to switch over to Survivor. Because I promised our lovely Blogger friend Sharon that I would tape The O.C. for her, I had to honour my commitment, and skip Survivor if The O.C. was actually on somewhere.

At last, at 11 PM, after Kris Kringle had wed Jessica and the Burger Meister was de-throned in Somberville and the legend of Santa Claus was in full swing, I was finally able to find a channel airing The O.C. So the Chrismukkah crisis was averted. However, I still have no clue what happened on Survivor, so if anyone watched it and can provide me with a detailed re-cap, it would be much appreciated.

Finally, the moral of the story is this: Do not trust your TV. They're messing with my mind. They're ruining my life.

It's a good thing it's almost Christmas and I'm in a cheerful mood, or else I'd be trying to sue their asses!