Friday, July 30, 2010

Ellen DeGeneres Quits American Idol

Ellen DeGeneres said she quit American Idol yesterday. According to  TMZ,  popular daytime talk show host and one of American Idol season 9 judges Ellen DeGeneres, said that she quit the show yesterday after being on there for just one season. They say that she’s claiming it wasn’t the right fit. She took to her “Twitter” account to make the announcement. She wrote,  “Dim the lights. I’ve voted myself off American Idol.”

Ellen says that she came to her decision a couple of months ago. She stated, “It was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be.” They’ve also reported that Kara DioGuardi got fired from American Idol yesterday. They are going back to the three-judge format,and have reportedly completed a deal to bring singer/actress Jennifer Lopez on to replace Kara.

The only way Kara could get back on,is if Jennifer’s deal goes sour. Aerosmith lead singer, Steven Tyler is reportedly replacing Ellen on the show. However,that deal has not been conformed at this time.