Friday, November 24, 2006

"It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas"

My Christmas season has officially begun, folks!

Today is the Mountainview Christmas Party, being held this evening at Pine Lodge. Which means that today, I can start singing Christmas Carols! You see, I made a pact with a few of the guys here in the office after Halloween. They caught me singing "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas", and I got the feeling that if I kept it up, they'd all be swinging from the ceiling fans by rope before too long. Now, I love the guys here, so I really wouldn't want them to get suicidal over me humming a few little holiday favourites.

That's when we made the pact.

No singing Christmas Carols until the Christmas Party.

And now that day is finally - FINALLY- here!!

Of course, they've already tried to convince me that I can't start singing until I'm actually at the party, but I beg to differ. I don't care if I'm not at Pine Lodge yet. Today is the Christmas Party, and I reserve the right to serenade them all damn day if I feel like it.

I swung through the doors this morning singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland", and since then I've given renditions of "White Christmas", "Jingle Bell Rock", "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". Strangely enough, Pat, Wayne, and Jared have all disappeared from the office. They haven't joined in the merriment. They still may be swinging from the ceiling fans by this afternoon. I really thought that if I sang loud enough, if I oozed enough holiday spirit, that it might warm the cockles of their hearts and put them in a Christmassy mood.

No luck so far. But I hope that by 11 PM tonight, they're all belting out "Jingle Bells" at the top of their lungs. If I have one goal today, it's to turn this bunch of Scrooges into Christmas Carol Singers Extraordinaire!

PS - As many of you know, tomorrow night is "The Big Show". For those of you who will be in attendance - I hope we don't disappoint! Wish me luck!