Monday, November 13, 2006

Sunday Night Rip

My apologies to the faithful readers out there for no Blog today (for those of you who actually had to work today). But would you believe the reason there was no Sunday night post was because I went on a rip? I did. I really, really did.

OK, it wasn't a true rip. But I did have 5 beers in total in a rather short span of time, which gave me a pretty good buzz, and I even drank a 50. I've never drank 50 before that I can recall.

And I was at Gavan's. On a Sunday night. I don't know if I've ever been at Gavan's on a Sunday night.

You see, some of the people I was with last night did not have work today because of Remembrance Day, so I pretended I didn't have work today, but I really did. I was glad I prentended, though, because it was fun. Until 7:00 this morning when I woke up with a mini-hangover, and I think it was well after noon before I quit burping beer. That wasn't so pleasant. I don't think I've ever burped beer at work before, either.

So my Sunday night rip brought to a close a pretty good weekend.

Friday night I watched the Sens whoop the Pittsburgh Penguins. Poor Ricky. However, I'm really not in any position to be gloating, so we'll just leave it at that.

Saturday I got a good start on my Christmas shopping in the zoo that is otherwise known as Wal-Mart in Hull. Saturday night, I visited with the Beers, and Matthew met me in the living room wearing his Leafs tuque & mitts. But I can't be mad at Matthew, 'cause he's so darned cute. It's not his fault Graham has brainwashed him. And I tried really hard not to watch the Leafs whoop the Habs, so I focussed on chatting with Sara and ignored Graham's little jabs regarding the updates they kept flashing of the Sens losing to Boston.

On Sunday, following church, my family went to the restaurant for breakfast, where Caden toddled around, impressing all the diners with his fine footwork. Then Mom, Kara & I went to a shower for Mandy, aka the future Mrs. Ralph McColgan. And I reminisced of how I once dreamed of being the future Mrs. Ralph McColgan. I then stopped in at the baby shower being held just up the road for Stacy, and then I went back to her place to look at all the gifts she received. It really made me want to get married and have a baby. Like, soon. I know I've pretty well got the word out there already, but if anyone knows any single, semi-handsome, somewhat-intelligent men out there, please send 'em my way.

A few short hours later I was sitting at Gavan's, drinking a 50 and pretending I didn't have to work today.

I'll try to do a quick re-cap of Survivor and Grey's for you guys, but I watched them so long ago I barely remember what happened.

On Survivor, Adam was hot, Candice & Jonathan bailed ship on the Watchamacallits to join up with the Studs, who then proceeded to lose both the Reward & Immunity Challenge, and Brad took the fall at TC. That leaves Adam & Nate as the only remaining Studs, but because of my recent revelation that Brad is quite possibly gay, I guess he didn't really count anyways.

Grey's was a somewhat disappointing episode, considering it had loads of potential. The men of Seattle Grace went camping, but McDreamy whined the whole time, Alex & George had a slap-fight, and Joe the bartender's boyfriend hit his head on some rocks when he got in the way of the catfight between Alex & George. Other than that, there wasn't much to write home about.

And I would really love to give you an Amazing Race re-cap, but I missed the first chunk of it last night when I stumbled in at 11:20, and then I watched the rest in a buzzed state, so details are kind of fuzzy. My boys were in first, but I don't even think it ended with a Pit Stop - one of those Keep Racing! legs.

So that about puts a wrap on the weekend rundown! Hope everyone had a good one!