Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Computer-Free Holiday

Did you guys know that computers suck??

I know, that might seem strange, coming from me, your friendly neighbourhood Blogger. But a computer really is like a man - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. And that really ticks me off.

This morning, I got up all bright'n'early to head in to work, and upon my arrival, I was met with the news that our Simply Accounting upgrade had essentially backfired. So until Jared could find time to figure out how to fix it, my computer was useless to me. Which is basically like telling me that there's nothing to do. So I got to come home.

Had it been a few months ago, it would have been busy enough around the farm for me to just answer phones and keep myself occupied with manual work. But this time of the year, the phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook, and I keep my basket basically empty at all times, so hence the unexpected holiday.

I've been up to Curves already, and I've spent the last two hours trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day. Go Christmas shopping? But I still don't know what I'm getting for the rest of the people on my list. Scrapbooking? But I'm not in the mood. Go visit Caden, who is at home sick with my mom for the day? Ah, now there is good idea!

So have fun at work or at school, wherever you may be. And try not to think of me on my computer-free holiday!