Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm Baaaaack...

...Well, sort of! Word on the street is that I'm getting my computer back at work tomorrow, so that will be just wonderful. I've felt very out of the loop this week, especially since I haven't had time in the evenings to do any Blogging. I'm glad to hear some of you have also been missing the Blog. Makes me feel wanted!! ;o)

So, okay, the only really relevant thing that has happened to me thus far this week is that the Sens FINALLY won an important game, defeating the Buffalo Sabres, aka The Cream of the Crop, on Wednesday night. I was fully planning on witnessing another loss, so it was a pleasant surprise. Kind of gave me some hope that all is not lost just yet. They still have a little fight left in 'em. But I'm trying not to get too high with the win. It is, after all, only one game. If they don't follow it up with a few more big efforts, it will go down in the books as a fluke, or as simply an off-night for the Sabres. But at least for one night, I went to bed with a little smile on my face.

What else have I done that I can tell you about? Oh yes...Remember on Monday when I was telling my tale of "firsts"? The whole Sunday night rip thing? Well I did it again on Tuesday night - not quite as severe, but again I landed at Gavan's, and while a weeknight appearance is not unheard of, it is rare for me. And I had yet another first. I was informed that it was "Quart Night", and I simply had to get a quart. So I did. I don't ever recall actually going up to the bar and ordering a quart. Ever. For those of you fearing that I've become an alcoholic or something equally alarming, don't fret. Once "the mystery is solved", my social life will once again go back to being practically non-existant, and these uncharacteristic adventures to the local watering hole will just dissappear, I can assure you of that.

Anyhow, I really must be heading off to bed. My apologies, once again, for being a bad Blogger this week - I promise a return to normal next week, as long as my computer doesn't decide to get sick again. Thanks for your patience and for coming back to check things out, even when it's been so quiet!

Have a GREAT weekend, gang!!